Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Art begins where I leave off.

Tuesday...

"The artist is always beginning. Any work of art which is not a beginning, an invention, a discovery is of little worth.” ~Ezra Pound
Just finished this one - so name is in the works :)

Hey look at that!  My article "Never Lose Your Hunger" was published again by Project Underblog.  Thank you so much!  I'm truly touched by how my story has affected so many people and it only serves to spur on my creativity more and more.  Even on the more difficult days, knowing I can have an impact is just one extra nudge to get me going in the morning.
I don't have the most perfect life, (I like to call it quirky) and there are still medical nuisances in my life (I say it gives it character) everyone's got something.  But...sometimes it's good and healthy to kick your feet and scream a bit about it too.

"Creativity is discontent translated into arts.”-Eric Hoffer
In the meantime...I create.  

And mostly it's whatever's coming from my heart.


It's a powerful thing, to have your brush moved by those stirring emotions and memories inside, those little tingles that are sensed but not seen...

And once I can finally put my sadness onto the canvas...

I wouldn't say that I don't feel sad or frustrated anymore.  But I feel better.  Like I can feel.  
And I'd rather feel everything than nothing at all.

You don’t make art out of good intentions.” ~Gustave Flaubert
Outside...
Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 
This tree amused me.  The first thing I thought of was an ostrich with its head stuck in the ground - like one of those Looney Tunes.  With her legs flailing about in the sky.  
And this road, I could just stare down and stand here forever.
(Or just paint it.)
"Pink Road"
Pink blossoms lining my way, I am blessed, guarded, protected and guided.  All I have to do is look up at the sun pouring through the branches, look ahead at the open road, and feel the wind pad me in that delicious aroma of Spring.

Before I go...
My newsletter from amyoes.com is coming out tomorrow morning, so head on over there and subscribe if you'd like!

I'm off to rehearse my monologues I'll be performing at the end of the month is Resilience and the Poewr of The Human Spirit.  Then I'll finish up some pieces I'm planning on hanging in the Discovery Museum, and oh, that wedding I'm planning for...next month - some of that too!!!
(with this random guy - crazy.)
  And speaking of wedding planning, bouquets and such...


And then there's always...

Oh and just for fun.

see ya!



“The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live.” ~Auguste Rodin

No comments:

Post a Comment