Thursday, June 9, 2011

80 days NPO,,,

I've been playing around with those Copic markers - they're a lot of fun.  Very good for illustrations.
I made Mark Bittman's recipe for Arroz Con Pollo - the saffron adds such a lovely color to the dish and makes it smell amazing.
We took a day trip to the Yankee Candle Factory, which my parents used to take my whole family to as a child.  It brought back a lot of good old memories.

I saw these beautiful wood carvings there:
Then back to work:  Still Life #6 - I'm on a roll!!!!
This was the set up - quite a bit complicated!
First I outlined it in pastel.
Slowly by surely starting to fill it in...
I made Spinach Ricotta Tacos for my mom:
And Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken with a sherry-dijon sauce.


BRIOCHE
Twice-baked potatoes


I started a shadow box and am making a scene in each one:
I have to be honest - art is getting a little monotonous for me.  I need some new inspiration.  I would love to hone my technique to expand my world a bit, which is why I am really pushing myself with this still life.

No comments:

Post a Comment