Saturday, May 7, 2011

A very sunny,May-like, 46th day.

All of the spring flowers are now in full bloom.  It is a gorgeous sight to see.  I cannot let my hunger and misery get in the way of me missing a beautiful Spring.  First, I made a Portabello Mushroom Lasagna.

marinate the mushrooms
make the bechamel sauce
boil the lasagna noodles
I added in some fresh asparagus because I didn't have enough mushrooms.

Lasagna!!!

Olive Garden Spinach Artichoke Dip

Hummus    
Trees Flying



a backdrop for later

Daydreamer

Finding My Way Home

Haven't finished this one yet...

I layered some newspapers on canvas and painted it over with gesso for a future project.  I always sprayed it with some antiquing solution.

 After my art show tomorrow we are having a bunch of people over for dinner (gulp) to celebrate.  So, I am cooking up quite a feast for them!!!



some eggs and toast for mom's breakfast
Pepperoni Pizza Bread

A quite colorful minestrone soup

rugelach!

cheddar-pecan crackers

black and white cookies

Pumpkin Muffins

Banana Layer Cake!!!

(isn't it pretty?)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

Pumpkin Pancakes for the boys' breakfasts

soft pretzels

freshly baked bagels

chocolate glazed baked cinnamon doughnuts

And a wrap to go for dad to take to work with him.
 I'm really excited for this art show at Hall-Brooke.  I'm in really good company with eight other accomplished artists, and I'm just honored to be showing my work alongside them.  It's a lift in this miserable time for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment