Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 66 and 67.

The days are feeling monotonous.  I feel so helpless.  There is only so much I can do to heal these fistulas and start eating again.  Just pray and let the time pass, hoping it's as painless as possible.  I want to savor my days again in every possible way.  I just want to have Chinese take-out!!!
I did a bit more on my still life.

This is a miniature canvas I did for fun out of paper and a bit of ribbon.

I also started this piece out of collage paper.
I found so much leftover pumpkin in my pantry that I decided to make pumpkin hummus!
 For dinner I started to make Coq Au Vin - but I didn't realize it will be a two day ordeal!  So this is Day One:
Boil and peel the pearl onions.

Season the chicken thighs and dredge in flour.
Saute the onions and turkey bacon
Add in the mushrooms. 
Pour in two whole bottles of wine!
Brown the chicken,
Add in chicken stock, celery, carrots, onions, thyme, ,and tomato paste.  Cover and refrigerate overnight...

I think tomorrow I am going to get out my pasta machine for the first time and make some pasta to go with it, since the dish is traditionally served with egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment