Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 51 and Day 52.

TREE LOVE

SEA DREAMS
It's hard to keep my focus on anything these days.  I feel like a ping pong ball bouncing back and forth between cooking and painting all day.  But dreaming and fantasizing about food carries me through the day.  When I can eat, I will never take one thing for granted again.  I will need nothing else but to nourish myself.  Even now, I appreciate how fortunate I am to have all these wonderful baking and art supplies to constantly stimulate me.
Today I made blueberry muffins:
Peanut Butter and Carrot Cupcakes for the dogs and buttery soft pretzels for the boys.
And since I have two huge leeks leftover from last weekend's minestrone soup, I decided to make roasted potato and leek soup!
Roast the potatoes and leeks - this recipe requires lots of prep - peeling and dicing the potatoes, washing the leeks, etc.
Roast a large handful of arugula.
Combine and saute with garlic.
Puree along with white wine, chicken stock, cream, spices, and creme fraiche.
Caramelize some shallots to top off the soup.
I gotta tell you, this roasted potato leek soup smelled up the entire house with sheer yumminess!
I also made some coconut-jam ebelskivers for dad, and eggs and toast for mom.
Back in the art room, I got this long and narrow huge canvas that I was so excited about painting, but once I finished up the background, I didn't know what to do with it!

I stuck this on the very bottom, but I think I'll let the canvas rest for a few days before I do anything else to it.  I've got plenty of other projects to work on!!!
Leona and Dick also came over to take more photographs of my work for my book of art.
They've got quite a job ahead of them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment