Tuesday, May 10, 2011

50 Days of no eating and starving as ever,

During my darkest times of misery, I end up emerging with my best times of creativity.  If you can't eat, what else do you do?  Paint, of course!  And I did quite a lot of it today...
This is the painting I based on the great quote by Patrick Overton.

WHEN YOU COME TO THE EDGE OF THE UNKNOWN...

YOU WILL EITHER BE GIVEN SOMETHING SOLID TO STAND ON...

OR WINGS TO FLY.
 I really like the idea of basing a painting around a quote.  It's a new source of inspiration when the well has run a bit dry.  And especially when it's a nice, juicy quote which stirs up a lot of visual images.
World In Her Hands
 Leona and I got at my fourth still life painting.  Since I've been baking so much, we decided to base it around baking supplies.
 This is an hour's worth of work at it...
 Then I got back to the fun stuff.  I used the wonderful quote by Joseph Campbell in this painting.
FOLLOW YOUR BLISS, AND THE UNIVERSE WILL OPEN WINDOWS WHERE THERE WERE ONLY WALLS.


After painting, I always feel such a burst of energy, a thrilling adrenaline rush, and it doesn't make my time not eating seem all that bad.  I'm so lucky I have my art.  It puts that little spark in my dim day.

No comments:

Post a Comment