Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 3 NPO - how did I survive three years of this?!

It's that time of year when the Purim and Easter cookies are on display and it is just pure torture!

 Every day is a constant marathon.  I have to dart from activity to activity - to painting, then baking, then blogging, then cooking, then walking, then vocalizing, just counting down the hours until I can have my one prized Jello at night.  I'm really trying to limit my fluids to basically a few ice cubes a day because I really want to give these fistulas the best chance of healing possible.  But man, it's not easy!

So I worked some more on my "story" piece
 I woke up this morning STARVING so of course the first thing I do?  Make breakfast for my entire family!
Lox, eggs, and onions for Mom
Pancakes for Adam and Dad
Ebelskivers for Matt
 I  couldn't bring myself to leave the kitchen!  I was craving a chicken wrap or something!!!

I finished my "Tell Me A Story" painting.  I really like how it turned out.




The second piece I made is "take me to the sun." very different color scheme, but I like this one too.  

Maybe this is why starving artists make the best work?

I really needed a lunch break though!  Hopefully this will really just be a month...

I am aiming for another art show in June.  At least this gives me something to work towards.  I already have 25 pieces I didn't show last time that I would feature this time.

TAKE ME TO THE SUN

 My "lunch break" was getting out of the house and going to Home Goods.

 ...where I found some pretty funny looking cookies...can't get food off of my mind...
This guy was giving me a good message!

 I look for inspiration for my artwork everywhere and anywhere.

This guy just made me happy.  Hey, anything to take my mind off food for one second!

This gave me a good idea to feature some sheet music in my art.

Then I went food shopping to get ingredients for dinner tonight.  They had those beautiful sugar eggs for Easter, which is art in itself.

FEED ME!!!!  I'M STARVING!!!!  DAY 3, AND 29 DAYS TO GO!
 So what do I do?  Of course I obsess over some food that I won't be eating.  I cooked Pad Thai with Shrimp and Vegetables...
 It's great fun cooking in a wok.  And it smelled delicious!

It  smelled like I was at a hibachi.  Boy, I wish I was!
Yummy pad thai!
If I can come out of this month with a healed tummy, leak-free, and eating, then this will all be worth it.  Then I can really live my life already and be done with all of this medical craziness.  Then I'll get my life back in the fullest sense.  I'm optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment