Sunday, January 30, 2011

A day's worth of cooking and baking

Waking up at 6am I can still see the moon!  I can't wait until spring arrives...

I start the day by inventing a muffin recipe - pear-pineapple-ginger-blueberry!  (My mom gave it two thumbs up)

Some old fashioned candy at my local market - love it!



Oh fruit, how I miss you!!!!


Got my supplies, now off to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with all my leftover pumpkin.

I tried making a Blueberry Angel food cake - it was my first time with angel food cake.  It came out very dense and not light like the cake usually is supposed to be - any hints?
Then for dinner I made Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo - okay, I was too tired to take a picture of it - but it looked a lot like this!  Boy, was it spicy - a little cayenne goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment